About the Offering:
Over the past three years, Community Presbyterian Church (Kalamazoo, MI) specifically prayed for and actively sought a larger facility to house their growing congregation as well as provide ample space for future ministries. God graciously provided a new building and Community began worshipping there on January 6, 2024.
In order to make the necessary renovations and accelerate repayment of their building loan, Community has set a total goal of raising $270K by the end of 2024; the Spring Offering collection will immensely aid them in this endeavor.
The Presbytery approved Community as the recipient of their annual Spring Offering at their meeting on January 19, 2024. The Presbytery is committed to raising $80,000 to be used for building renovations for Community OPC.
Planned improvements include:
- Installation of three new HVAC rooftop units to improve utility costs
- Parking lot repairs—specifically, sealing and striping
- Roof repairs to prevent leaks and extend life of the roof
- New ceiling tiles to replace stained portions from past leaks
- Updates to first floor handicap accessible restrooms
- Installation of new carpet throughout the fellowship room and first floor hallways (current carpet is torn and stained)
- Cleaning the carpet and pew upholstery in the sanctuary
- Installing new door between first floor hallway and entrance to basement with all necessary exit signs and markers
- Repairs to exterior handicap ramp entrance
- Updates to heating registers in Sunday School rooms for heating efficiency
How to Give
LOCALLY: Place in the offering basket of your local OPC | Write “Spring Offering” in the memo
MAIL: Make check payable to “PMO Church Extension” with "Spring Offering" in the memo | Mail to: 6030 Evergreen St, Portage, MI 49024
ONLINE: Give via the link in the button below (ACH and debit/credit options available).